Recommendations for Travelers to Umrah
Call the respective airline to request any special needs to ease your travel. It is suggested to reconfirm your reservation at least three days before departure.
Make three copies of ALL OF YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS including your tickets. Keep one copy of your travel documents in your carry-on bag, one in your suitcase, and one copy at home..
Make sure to prepare and keep your ORIGINAL travel documents in a secure pouch and on your person and easily accessible to you at the time of request.
The following items are necessary for travel:
- Passport with meningitis shot record attached
- Airline ticket receipt
- Credit card
- Cash, large new bills are better for exchange. Travelers checks are discouraged since they cannot be cashed without your passport after you leave the Hajj Terminal.
The following items are suggested for your comfort:
- Personal hygiene and first aid kit
- An extra pair of glasses or contact lenses, as needed
- Surgical mask or face mask to protect from dust and allergens
- Money-belt or travel waist-pouch for cash and passport
- Medications, general medications to relieve sore throat, cough, allergies, muscle pain
- Gatorade tablets or power to prevent electrolyte imbalance and dehydration
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist for the proper medication to take specific to your health care
- Cell phone is recommended
Remember! Traveling light is convenient. The most important thing to have is patience.
Mafaza Travel & Hajj Agency will do its best to accommodate all your need and allow you to perform a comfortable hajj. Inshallah, all will go smoothly as planned. However, due to the nature of this journey, air, hotel and ground transportation are provided by separate entities not under Mafaza Travel & Hajj Agency’s control. Issues that may arise from said entities will be THEIR responsibility. Mafaza Travel & Hajj Agency will do its best to mediate and resolve any issues. Mafaza Travel & Hajj Agency or any person or subsidiary will not assume any responsibilities for the above mentioned entities. For a detailed explanation please refer to Mafaza Travel & Hajj Agency Terms & Conditions page.
Security Policies & Procedures
- Airport security screening procedures are significantly more stringent than before. Items in your suitcase that may have passed through before may not be accepted on board aircraft today. Consider leaving at home items which could be perceived as threatening or may raise suspicion at a screening checkpoint (i.e. items found in a manicure kit).
- Remember that NO knives of any size will be allowed.
- Anticipate having to open bags for inspection. Pack efficiently, placing smaller items together in a pouch or bag.
- Make sure that each suitcase and carry-on bag has a name tag securely affixed to it.
- Be certain that you have a government-issued photo identification card (i.e. drivers license) and a passport.
- Identification requirements vary for domestic and international travel. If you are unsure as to what identification is required, please ask the air carrier. You will not be allowed to check in without the proper identification.
Getting To the Airport:
- Before leaving home, call the airline or contact the airlines website to confirm the status of your flight. If your flight has been cancelled, contact the airline directly to reschedule or make alternate travel arrangements.
- Expect restricted airport parking.
- Plan on checking in two hours prior to departure for domestic flights & three hours for international flights, you may be asked to check in as early as five hours prior to departure. Check with your particular airline for specific information.
At The Security Checkpoint:
- Access beyond the security checkpoints is now restricted to those passengers who’ve been issued a valid boarding pass.
- Have ticket paperwork available, along with identification.
- Prepare to empty pockets of coins, metals, etc.
- Prepare to demonstrate the operation of electronic equipment such as laptop computers, cell phones, etc
- Be patient. Do not make jokes about security. Comply with all security instructions
- Expect increased passenger and baggage security screening. Wand checks and full-body hand searches may be enforced.
At The Gate:
- Leave no bag unattended. Maintain a sense of awareness.
- Keep ticket paperwork and identification available.
- Expect to see teams of individuals aboard the aircraft before passenger boarding in order to sweep the plane as an added security precaution. These individuals may board the aircraft from inside the terminal building or they may enter and exit via the jet bridge stairs.
- Pay close attention to announcements. Board the aircraft as directed by gate agents. Do not wait until the last minute to board the aircraft.
On board the Aircraft:
- Expect to see random searches of service personnel, flight crews and equipment.
- Listen to and follow crew instructions at all times. Flight crews are trained to ensure comfort and safety.
- Be patient if departure is delayed. Passenger boarding and baggage loading are being carefully coordinated by the ground handling crew.
Helpful Hints During the Tour:
- Avoid eating from small restaurants ans street food.
- Never drink tap water. Bottled water and Zamzam water are available.
- Follow the Prophet’s sunnah, try not to always eat until you are full.
- Avoid drinking cold beverages immediately after coming form the outside heat.
- Try not to tire yourself before Umarah.
- Expect people coming from all over the world, be patient with their manners.
- Spend your time wisely and not in conversation with your fellow travelers.
- Memorize the phone number and address of your hotel.
- Plan for your day. Review your supplications. Pack snacks and beverages with you.